Re: + fix-spellings-of-slab-allocator-section-in-init-kconfig.patchadded to -mm tree

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 23:08:49 EST

On Wed, 9 May 2007, Nick Piggin wrote:

> But that 4MB system might not even have 50 pages that you'd want to
> use for slab.

The problem here is that you trade off more objects (SLUB) against more
flexibility (SLOB). We need some experiments with 4M systems to see how
this works out. It may be better to be able to allocate more objects. I
estimate that we will have a need for about 30 active slabs (note the
low number comes about because SLUB will merge similar slabs together
into one) on such a system. Most of those can have two pages. So you will
likely still be better off with SLUB than SLOB.