Re: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Apr 18 2007 - 06:23:03 EST

* Andy Whitcroft <apw@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > as usual, any sort of feedback, bugreports, fixes and suggestions
> > are more than welcome,
>
> Pushed this through the test.kernel.org and nothing new blew up.
> Notably the kernbench figures are within expectations even on the
> bigger numa systems, commonly badly affected by balancing problems in
> the schedular.

thanks! Given the really low preemption latency/granularity default
(roughly equivalent to 'timeslice length'), and that basically all of my
focus was on interactivity characteristics, this is a pretty good
result. I suspect it will be necessary to increase the default to 10
msecs (or more) to be on the safe side. (Nick has reported a 4%
kernbench drop so for his kernbench workload it's needed.)

Ingo