Re: BUG: Bad page state errors during kernel make (resolved)

From: Zach Carter
Date: Mon Apr 16 2007 - 23:19:54 EST

Zach Carter wrote:

Do you think there might be other bad hw, or another explanation?

Well, after updating the BIOS for the motherboard, I was able to rebuild the kernel 6 times in a row with no page state errors. I noticed that the recent BIOS update includes "Enhanced compatibility with Linux":

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/bios.php?categories=1&model=316

In case anyone searching the ML archive has the same problem, the motherboard is an ABIT KN9 ULTRA Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX

-Zach