Re: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Sun Apr 15 2007 - 20:19:12 EST

On Sunday 15 April 2007, Mike Galbraith wrote:
>On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 12:58 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Chuckle, possibly but then I'm not anything even remotely close to an
>> expert here Con, just reporting what I get. And I just rebooted to
>> 2.6.21-rc6 + sched-mike-5.patch for grins and giggles, or frowns and
>> profanity as the case may call for.
>
>Erm, that patch is embarrassingly buggy, so profanity should dominate.
>
> -Mike

Chuckle, ROTFLMAO even.

I didn't run it that long as I immediately rebuilt and rebooted when I found
I'd used the wrong patch, and in fact had tested that one and found it
sub-optimal before I'd built and ran Con's -0.40 version. As for bugs of the
type that make it to the screen or logs, I didn't see any. OTOH, my eyesight
is slowly going downhill, now 20/25. It was 20/10 30 years ago. Now thats
reason for profanity...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)