Re: Performance Stats: Kernel patch

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Fri Apr 06 2007 - 17:48:53 EST

Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:

2) It arrived here with some line-wrapping damage, most likely to the fact
that you posted it with Thunderbird. There's a mystic Thunderbird incantation
to make it not do that, but I have no idea what it is - it's in the list
archives someplace.

I don't use TBird (seamonkey fan) but I assume the patch can just be attached rather than inlined. Some mailers are pretty arcane otherwise.

But I do like the idea, but the issue of things which parse /proc/PID/status hasn't had comments. A good parser would ignore what it didn't understand, or take everything, not everyone has a good parser. ;-)

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>