Re: kernel OOPSes when changing DVB-T adapter in 2.6.21-rc3

From: Markus Rechberger
Date: Fri Apr 06 2007 - 15:58:25 EST

I committed a patch which fixes this issue:

http://mcentral.de/hg/~mrec/v4l-dvb-stable/

That problem got caused by releasing data structures which are still
in use when the device gets unplugged. These patches delay the
deallocation of the data till the last user releases its reference to
the dvb nodes.

This patch got tested with devices which use the dvb-usb framework as
well as em28xx based dvb devices.

Markus

On 3/16/07, Oliver Neukum <oneukum@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Freitag, 16. März 2007 10:13 schrieb CIJOML:
> Hi,
>
> looks like more general problem with 2.6.21-rc3. This happens when I
remove my
> PCMCIA USB2.0/IEEE1384 adapter from slot:

Yes, the more important it is to know whether -rc2 works.
And please report this as a generic sysfs failure to lkml.

Regards
Oliver

Markus Rechberger