Re: Invalid operand: kernel BUG at mm/rmap.c:434! andarch/i386/mm/highmem.c:42!)

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Fri Apr 06 2007 - 12:00:00 EST

Pat wrote:
I'm running kernel 2.6.9-22.ELsmp on dual Xeon
servers. I've received kernel panics occasionally in
the past, but they are more frequent now as the load
on the system has increased. Below is a capture of the
kernel panic.

If anything below screams it's coming from a certain
source (defective RAM? Bad application or device
driver?), please let me know as I'm pulling what
little hair I have left out on this one. Suggestions
on what to try would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

First try updating to the latest RHEL update kernel, that one's out of date.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx