Re: + clocksource-driver-initialize-list-value.patch added to -mmtree

From: Daniel Walker
Date: Thu Apr 05 2007 - 07:36:46 EST

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 09:51 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Daniel Walker <dwalker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > [...] Adding a list initializer doesn't change anything..
>
> Daniel, you are still in denial. OF COURSE it changes something: it adds
> a line of code to a driver, where that line was not needed before.
> That's against the fundamental task of a driver model: TO KEEP THINGS
> SIMPLE. Yes, this concept includes single-line changes as well.

If that's a fundemental rule then we need to expand our horizons to
something a little more flexible .. I understand what your saying, I do,
but it doesn't apply to this change or clocksources . The reason I think
that is because the potential is ~100 drivers or less, once you reach a
critical mass of drivers there's few if any to be added .. So from my
perspective there no reason to overly simplify the structure..

Daniel