Re: 2.6.21-rc5-mm4

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 13:43:01 EST

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Kok, Auke wrote:

> we're also having problems reproducing it on that same combination
> (2.6.21-rc4 + my tree), so it points to something in -mm. Since your
> trace is completely different right now it looks like something else is
> fuzzing it up.
> Since the e1000 changes are in rc5-mm3 as well, that might help to
> narrow it down quickly.

I don't know (yet) whether rc5-mm3 was OK in this respect, I didn't boot
it on this machine. I only know that both rc5 and rc5 + e1000 tree are OK,
but rc5-mm4 panics on ifconfig/dhclient on e1000 card immediately on my
system.

I will start bisection when I get back to the respective machine
(tomorrow) and will let you know.

--
Jiri Kosina