Re: OHCI: USB webcam works, but not on USB Hub

From: Pete Zaitcev
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 11:50:20 EST

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 08:22:28 -0700, "Kok, Auke" <sofar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Having the gspca driver move into the main tree would help a lot though.

I think we need to articulate better why this is an issue and not just
an excuse. We know that scheduling issues with ISO transfers exist, but
with the driver outside we can't find a specific issue let alone fix it.
These things are hard to fix as it is.

For example, an external 2.0 hub with TT moves all transactions from OHCI
to EHCI, and adds an interrupt transfer which eats into your schedule.
I'm completely unsurprised that this fails. Wanna bet that Michael's
issue is something like that?

Another thing, requiring them to make the effort comes with an implicit
promise to fix whatever the user's problem is once they have moved gspca
in-tree. I'm not ready to tackle Michael's case, so I pretended not to
see his original mail.

-- Pete