Re: Improved UDP performance using 2.6.21-rc5-rt10

From: dave_sperry@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 09:26:44 EST

rt10 shows a big improvement over rt8

etup Thruput CPU%
Nvidia
2.6.21-rc5-rt8 938 65%
netperf @51
hardirq @50
softirq @50

Nvidia
2.6.21-rc5-rt10 938 32%
netperf @51
hardirq @50
softirq @50

very nice for a "work in progress"

I ran the netperf test a few times and one of the times the netperf test would no longer talk to the server. I had to reboot the rt client to get netperf to talk again. I did have cycle soak running which may have contributed to the problem.

Also when netperf is not running the hard IRQs associated with the NIC use a constant 2% load.

Thanks,
Dave

From: Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>