Re: Powerpc build unhappy in 2.6.20.4?

From: Rob Landley
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 23:51:43 EST

On Monday 02 April 2007 8:51 pm, Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 03:14:14PM -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
>
> > Sure, quite easily the source of the trouble. Attached in both
full .config
> > and mini.config formats.
>
> Okay, I have no idea how it happend but you seem to have an invalid
> config. It looks to me like you need to select a platform.

So "make oldconfig ARCH=powerpc" will accept a config that doesn't have a
platform selected?

> One of the following:
> CONFIG_PPC_PSERIES
> CONFIG_PPC_MAPLE
> CONFIG_PPC_IBM_CELL_BLADE
> CONFIG_PPC_PS3
> CONFIG_PPC_CHRP
> CONFIG_PPC_EFIKA
> CONFIG_PPC_PMAC

Hmmm... So CONFIG_PPC_MULTIPLATFORM doesn't cover it? ("There is no help
available for this kernel option"... Maybe a website somewhere?)

I just ran "make oldconfig" again and it didn't complain about any of those
not being set...

> When did this config last build a zImage? I'm guessing either CHRP or
> PMAC?

Er, never. I was largely guessing at what I needed via menuconfig. (I'm
trying to get something I can boot to a shell prompt under QEMU.)

I'll try this CHRP thing...

Thanks,

Rob
--
Penguicon 5.0 Apr 20-22, Linux Expo/SF Convention. Bruce Schneier, Christine
Peterson, Steve Jackson, Randy Milholland, Elizabeth Bear, Charlie Stross...