Re: mmap error?

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 13:55:43 EST

On Monday 02 April 2007, Ken Moffat wrote:
>Hi Gene,
>
>On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 10:30:29AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings all;
>>
>> Has something been changed recently, say post 2.6.19, that would
>> effect this error from k3b when I click start (the burn), with a fresh
>> dvd+r in the drive:
>>
>> --------
>> Using growisofs 7.0 Copyright (C) Andy Polyakov <appro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Starting writing...
>>
>> :-( unable to anonymously mmap 33554432; resource temporarily
>>
>> unavailable...
>> Fatal error at startup, resource temporarily unavailable...
>> --------
>
> Known problem, please see
>http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/tools/ (third paragraph)
>for a workaround.

Ahh, thank you very much. But I have 7.0, supposedly fixed, sigh... That
did fix it, the dvd is burning as I type, again thanks.

???? Can I put this into rc.local so its global? I guess I will just for
effects. Or is there an option in a make xconfig to reset this to a
usable sized limit?, because I can see cups also having problems since I
have its render cache set for 127 megs, which should also trigger this.

Seems like a 'what were they thinking moment' to me. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)