Re: missing kretprobes support on avr32 and sparc64

From: Håvard Skinnemoen
Date: Sun Apr 01 2007 - 05:49:39 EST

On Sat, March 31, 2007 15:15, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Currently all avr32 and sparc64 don't support kretprobes unlike all
> other kprobes supporting architectures. This is not nice from the
> user interface point of view and from the ugly ifdefs point of view.
> Is there a reason these ports can't support kretprobes or was this
> simply an oversight / lazyness?

Lazyness on my part, I guess. It shouldn't be too hard to implement on
avr32; It looks like the generic code sets a breakpoint on function entry,
so all I have to do is to set a breakpoint on the return address. And
handle the breakpoint somehow. I'll try to implement it when I get back to
work in about a week.

Haavard