Re: [patch] remove artificial software max_loop limit

From: devzero
Date: Sun Apr 01 2007 - 05:16:52 EST

>Remove artificial maximum 256 loop device that can be created due to a
>legacy device number limit. Searching through lkml archive, there are
>several instances where users complained about the artificial limit
>that the loop driver impose. There is no reason to have such limit.

Hey, i was one of those :)

Nice to see, that it`s solved now, thanks very much!

I never expected this to happen and put all my hope into dm-loop instead.
Did you mind that Bryn m. Reeves from redhat will suffer a serious depression now? ( -> http://sources.redhat.com/lvm2/wiki/DMLoop ) ;)

regards
roland