Re: [BUG] no boot with 2.6.21-rc3 and later

From: Bob Tracy
Date: Wed Mar 21 2007 - 18:00:55 EST

john stultz wrote:
> Hmmm. Are you able to capture a full dmesg?

For the "it hangs" case, short of either trying to boot with the
console I/O redirected to a serial port or hooking up a printer to
the console and scanning in the resulting output, I don't think so.
There's too much output prior to the hang point to make manual
transcription feasible.

> Also, does booting w/ "clocksource=jiffies" change the behavior?

I'll build a post-"bad"-commit kernel later this evening and let you
know. Unfortunately, real life has to intrude for a few hours :-).
If specifying the clocksource allows for a normal bootup, would you
like to see the corresponding dmesg output?