Re: [patch 1/3] epoll optimizations and cleanups ...

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 21:05:20 EST

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Davide Libenzi wrote:

> This patch is the same as the v3 posted before, and removes multiple
> passes over the ready set.

Can you put a nicer Subject: message, rather than giving all three patches
the same Subject.

I'm assuming this will all go through Andrew anyway, but at least my tools
(and I assume Andrew's too) will take the Subject: line and make it into
the short description. So if you give a nondescriptive subject line, the
short description will be bad too.

So please make the subject line really be about that *particular* patch.

Linus