Re: Raid 10 Problems?

From: Marc Perkel
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 11:00:58 EST

--- Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mar 4 2007 19:37, Marc Perkel wrote:
> >>
> >> -b internal -- seems like a good idea to speed
> up
> >> resynchronization.
> >
> >I'm trying to figure out what the default is.
>
> -b none, meaning the whole drive will be
> resynchronized when the
> even counters don't match.

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Install_on_Software_RAID#Write-intent_bitmap

That information has been extremely useful. Thanks a
lot. I fund a command to do the bitmap internal after
the array was made so I added that. Seems like some of
these features should be default. Maybe it's time for
the raid folks to update what is default?