RE: Problems with init of Marvell PCI Express SATA Card

From: Tom Morrison
Date: Fri Feb 23 2007 - 19:11:34 EST

Alan,

Where are you looking for sata_mv driver support.

if you look in the sata_mv.c it has support for the
7042 throughout it (exactly the same as PCI in fact -
its the same core chip - just different bus interface)...

but agreed an unknown device in the pci ids...or is
there another place where I should be looking for
7042 support?

or does it look in pci ids & if it doesn't know
the registered device type (chip) - it doesn't
probe it - even if it does a pci_register_device()?

????

I am sorry for being so Naive here - but obviously
there is a disconnect here (there is some PEBKAC...:-)