Re: off topic: Dolphin massacre in Japan

From: David Miller
Date: Fri Feb 23 2007 - 04:26:38 EST

From: Aggelos <aggmanousidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:32:26 +0200

> PS: Before any smart-ass jumps in, effectively making this post a thread
> about what spam is, let me say that if I posted it to a dolphin or
> other related list, there would be no gain, as they should already be
> aware of it. My intent is_NOT_ to discuss the subject here (in this
> list). Only want to make people aware, and so, if they want they can
> sign the petition. So don't reply to say this is spam, because it may
> be, but unlike spam, it will serve its purpose anyway.

This is not an exscuse. linux-kernel is not some place for
making people "aware" of some important non-Linux issue,
just like any other mailing list is not an appropriate place
for off-topic discussions.

The importance of the issue makes your posting no less inappropriate,
so please don't use that as a justification. The fact that you
believe that posting this on somewhere more appropriate is "without
gain" is not an exscuse either.

Or perhaps you think it's appropriate to crap on just about any
mailing list in the world as long as the issue is "important"?

linux-kernel is not to be used as a bullhorn for people to use
as they feel like to spread whatever information they want.

So the next person who does this will be black-listed at
vger.kernel.org forever, as I am explicitly stating right now that our
policy is that this kind of posting is inappropriate. NO exceptions.