[r8169] Any success with RTL8110SC?

From: Tom Burns
Date: Thu Feb 22 2007 - 14:17:51 EST

Hi list,

Does anyone have the Realtek gigabit RTL8110SC working? From
reading the list it appears that support has been added to the r8169
in-kernel module. I can't get it to work - unfortunately I'm forced
to use kernel 2.6.15-1 from Fedora Core 5 at the moment but I've
tried:

-backporting 2.6.18 to 2.6.20.1 versions of the module to work on
2.6.15-1 - it was trivial changes aside from 2.6.20.1 which required
changes to the task scheduling code, but I'm pretty certain I didn't
break anything.

-applying the patch originally provided in
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0702.0/0422.html to the
2.6.15-1 driver, or the 2.6.19.2 driver.

-using the r1000 v1.05 driver available from the realtek website.

The backported kernel modules successfully identify the rtl8110sc
device and provide the eth interface, but do not successfully
send/receive any packets on the wire.

The r1000 driver seems to be able to send data on the wire for about a
minute, receive packets back about 5% of the time, and after a minute
stop working altogether, complaining that the "send buffer is full."

Does anyone have this chipset working?

Cheers,
Tom Burns