Re: [patch 00/13] Syslets, "Threadlets", generic AIO support, v3

From: Michael K. Edwards
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 19:55:50 EST

On 2/21/07, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
pthread_cancel() [if/once threadlets are integrated into pthreads] ought
to do that. A threadlet, if it gets moved to an async context, is a
full-blown thread.

The fact that you are proposing pthread_cancel as a model for how to
abort an unfinished threadlet suggests -- to me, and I would think to
anyone who has ever written code that had no choice but to call
pthread_cancel -- that you have not thought about this part of the
problem.

Cheers,
- Michael