Re: [GIT PULL] audit patches

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 19:04:27 EST

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 04:01:27 +0000 Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Misc audit patches (resend again...); the most intrusive one is AUDIT_FD_PAIR,
> allowing to log descriptor numbers from syscalls that do not return them in
> usual way (i.e. pipe() and socketpair()). It took some massage of
> the failure exits in sys_socketpair(); the rest is absolutely trivial.
> Please, pull from
> git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/audit-current.git/ audit.b37

Please send patches to the list for review if practical? In this case it
was. I trust davem has had a look at the non-trivial changes to
sys_socketpair().

Looking at the changes to audit_receive_msg():

if (sid) {
if (selinux_sid_to_string(
sid, &ctx, &len)) {
audit_log_format(ab,
" ssid=%u", sid);
/* Maybe call audit_panic? */
} else
audit_log_format(ab,
" subj=%s", ctx);
kfree(ctx);
}

This is assuming that selinux_sid_to_string() always initialises `ctx'.

But AFAICT there are two error paths in security_sid_to_context() which
forget to do that, so we end up doing kfree(uninitialised-local).

I'd consider that a shortcoming in security_sid_to_context(), so not a
problem in this patch, as long as people agree with my blaming above.

The coding style in there is a bit odd-looking.

The new __audit_fd_pair() has unneeded braces in it.