Re: Re: Phis in /proc/bus/input/devices same for all devices?

From: Marcel Holtmann
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 17:53:33 EST

Hi Dmitry,

> > > Input core already exports uniq to udev and also via sysfs.
> >
> > so do you think it would be better to create phys as a string of the
> > source and destination address like "<src>-<dst>" for Bluetooth. And
> > then keep the uniq empty like all USB devices without serial number do?
> >

> I'd keep uniq as is and do what you proposed with phys. This way you
> can either use uniq to identify your device while moving it from one
> receiver to another (if you have several) or do exact match on phys to
> get receiver/device pair.
>
> Does this make sense?

actually it doesn't help to keep uniq around since the Bluetooth HID
always reconnects to the same source/host address. Making it reconnect
results in a virtual cable unplug. So I think that I am going to modify
the phys to include source and destination address. In the end it is
only a string.

Regards

Marcel