Re: Re: Phis in /proc/bus/input/devices same for all devices?

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 17:48:44 EST

On 2/21/07, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Dmitry,

> > can anybody reply to this and share his/her opinion?
>
> Input core already exports uniq to udev and also via sysfs.

so do you think it would be better to create phys as a string of the
source and destination address like "<src>-<dst>" for Bluetooth. And
then keep the uniq empty like all USB devices without serial number do?

I'd keep uniq as is and do what you proposed with phys. This way you
can either use uniq to identify your device while moving it from one
receiver to another (if you have several) or do exact match on phys to
get receiver/device pair.

Does this make sense?

--
Dmitry