Re: [lm-sensors] Could the k8temp driver be interfering with ACPI?

From: Chuck Ebbert
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 11:06:14 EST

Jean Delvare wrote:
> Can you try to load the i2c-dev driver, then run the following commands
> and report the results:
> $ i2cdetect -l
> For each bus listed:
> $ i2cdetect N

FWIW it's really an ATIIXP chipset, but supposedly PIIX4 compatible:

# i2cdetect -l
i2c-0 smbus SMBus PIIX4 adapter at 8400 Non-I2C SMBus adapter
# i2cdetect 0
WARNING! This program can confuse your I2C bus, cause data loss and worse!
I will probe file /dev/i2c-0.
I will probe address range 0x03-0x77.
Continue? [Y/n] y
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f
00: XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
10: XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
20: XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
30: XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
40: XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
50: 50 51 XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
60: XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX 69 XX XX XX XX XX XX
70: XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX