Re: Sata_via problems in a Vintage2-AE1: Resume

From: Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 10:56:59 EST

A Dimecres 21 Febrer 2007 12:42, Tejun Heo va escriure:
> Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > A Dimarts 13 Febrer 2007 17:19, Jean Delvare va escriure:

> >> OK, so maybe the VT8251 actually no longer needs the quirk. Thanks for
> >> testing and reporting.
> >
> > Hi people,
> >
> > arriving to this state. What do you recommend?
> >
> > I have the box more or less working with irqpoll but with a lot of
> > messages: APIC error on CPU0: 08(08)
> >
> > and the box doesn't boot without the irqpoll option. Do you think that
> > the 2.6.21 have some kind of changes in this area?
> >
> > Thank's for all for you patience and your messages.
>
> I'm sorry but I'm clueless other than that it seems to be an irq routing
> problem.
>
> Any ideas, people?

Now, I have tested the 2.6.21-rc1 with the same result. Not boot....
I have one doubt, and maybe Mr Garzik could answer it. The changes in the
ahci.c and sata_via.c for the 2.6.16 that I commented in a previous mails are
incorporated in the next versions?
Because all of us has presumed that yes, are equal and maybe not .....

Regards,

Thank's for all your patience ....

Leo