Re: [patch 00/21] 2.6.19-stable review

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 08:37:02 EST

Greg KH wrote:
> This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 2.6.19.5 release.
>
> This will probably be the last release of the 2.6.19-stable series, so
> if there are patches that you feel should be applied to that tree,
> please let me know.

There is one here: "Missing critical phys_to_virt in lib/swiotlb.c".
http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/2/4/116
It fixes a DMA related bug which was seen with a variety of drivers
especially on EM64T machines with more than 3GB RAM. I hope you can
extract the patch from this MIME attachment.

Adrian, AFAICS it applies as-is to 2.6.16.y too. I don't have a machine
to test personally, but it is quite obvious.

The mentioned bigger patch has been merged by Linus between 2.6.20 and
2.6.21-rc1.
--
Stefan Richter