RE: SATA problems

From: Paul Rolland
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 02:26:34 EST

Hi Marcus,

Could you give more details ? I'm stucked with a boot problem on a
Asus P5W that also includes a Jmicron behind a Sata port on ICH8, and
the kernel boot goes timeout when probing it... I've been trying various
kernels,
including some patches from Tejun (Thanks !), but no luck to date...

Mind sharing your .config so that I can check if I missed something obvious ?

Regards,
Paul

Paul Rolland, rol(at)as2917.net
ex-AS2917 Network administrator and Peering Coordinator

--

Please no HTML, I'm not a browser - Pas d'HTML, je ne suis pas un navigateur
"Some people dream of success... while others wake up and work hard at it"

"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's too
young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10 or 15
years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you when they
took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'"
--Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation