Re: High CPU usage with sata_nv

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Tue Feb 20 2007 - 22:44:18 EST

Matthew Fredrickson wrote:
I have noticed something that might be related as well. I am working on a device driver that would have periodic data errors due to exceptionally long interrupt handling latency. I have come to the point that I suspect that it's the sata_nv driver, and now that we can't do the hdparm -u1 option for sata, it seems to be a bigger problem.

What kernel are you using? There were some complaints about latency problems (the ATA status register read taking a ridiculous amount of time to complete) on sata_nv previously, but 2.6.20 should eliminate that problem at least on nForce4 chipsets..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx