Re: PCI riser cards and PCI irq routing, etc

From: Udo van den Heuvel
Date: Tue Feb 20 2007 - 10:44:48 EST

Alistair John Strachan wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 February 2007 04:17, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>> Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
>>> Is it a VIA ITX board? I think I have VIA's riser card somewhere,
>>> could check what it does.
>> Yes, VIA Epia EN12000.
>> Interesting to check the riser card.
>
> Just be aware that there are two types of PCI riser -- risers that work in any
> board, and Via Epia-specific risers. The latter requires a BIOS update on
> some Epias and presumably has some advantages, possible the ones you're
> looking for.

This card is sold by TranquilPC for their T2e case which holds Mini-ITX
boards. My EN12000 has the latest BIOS I could find on the VIA site:
http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/downloads.jsp?motherboard_id=399#BIOS

I just tested with Device Number 12 and DN 18 (the only free locations
to try besides the DN 19 default, if I am correct on this).

DN 12 gave me this:

00:0c.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
Subsystem: TERRATEC Electronic GmbH Unknown device 1157
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 255
Memory at fdfff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

No irq! The other card remained at DN20 and irq 20.
So no visible i2c at all (!) for the DVB-T card.

DN 18 gave me:

00:12.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
Subsystem: TERRATEC Electronic GmbH Unknown device 1157
Memory at fdffc000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

00:14.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
Subsystem: TERRATEC Electronic GmbH Unknown device 1155
Memory at fdffb000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

The DVB-T card had the same problems as with DN19 in irq mode. Visible
i2c bus but not usable i2c.

Any ideas about how to proceed?
What to test?

BTW:

Another case I am considering has this drawing for the riser:
http://www.morex.com.tw/drawing/MAR122-J%20Drawing.pdf
DN ranges from 20 to 31. Would this improve the situation?

Kind regards,
Udo