Re: pata_amd dropping to PIO on resume

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Feb 20 2007 - 10:28:35 EST

Alan wrote:
Deleting the ata_pci_clear_simplex() call, then adding ATA_FLAG_IGN_SIMPLEX to the ata_port_info info[] array, is also worth trying.

I think I know what is going on here. Firstly the simplex bits
need re-clearing on a resume. On my todo list now I'm back

If the bit does not actually alter /hardware/ operation, then
ATA_FLAG_IGN_SIMPLEX use is preferred over having to remember various places where the bit must be twiddled. Its easier to leave the bit in the BIOS-initialized state, and ignore the hardware bit's existence in software, if we know the behavior in the controller is hardwired. Less room for software bugs that way, IMO.

Jeff