Re: [lm-sensors] Could the k8temp driver be interfering with ACPI?

From: Chuck Ebbert
Date: Tue Feb 20 2007 - 10:11:25 EST

Rudolf Marek wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I got the DSDT from chuck and it seems there is nothing interesting - no
> declaration of PCI_config for the registers. If someone wants to check it I can
> send him the DSDT.
>
> _TMP looks like this:
>
> Store (\_SB.PCI0.LPC0.EC0.RTMP, Local0)
> Store ("Current temp is: ", Debug)
>
> Store (Local0, Debug)
>
> Store (Local0, \_SB.CM25)
>
> Return (Add (0x0AAC, Multiply (Local0, 0x0A)))
>
> This looks quite OK LPC0.EC0 is embedded controller IO RAM at 0x62. Nothing
> special. I guess some SMM interrupt is reading the the PCI regs and sends it to EC.

I blacklisted the k8temp driver (and the out-of-tree k8_edac driver
in Fedora) and the temps were still volatile, so that's not causing
it. Since then I've upgraded the system BIOS from F.06 to F.27 and
the problems _may_ have gone away. My own custom 2.6.19 kernel has
never been a problem, so I'm thinking it's one of these drivers
loaded by Fedora that I never even compile:

i2c_core
i2c_ec
i2c_piix4
asus_acpi (on a Compaq???)