RHEL3 2.4.21-37a6smp 10GBps Intel 10GBps NIC: ixgb_clean_tx_irq:Detected Tx Unit Hang - Machine locks up.

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Mon Feb 19 2007 - 19:47:49 EST

Quick question,

I am using the latest ixgb driver (1.0.126) as stated both on Intel's website and here: http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=645203

After a number of hours, sometimes days, I will get this error on the console and the box locks up:

ixgb: eth2: ixgb_clean_tx_irq: Detected Tx Unit Hang

Intel told us that the 126 version of this driver was supposed to fix this problem. Is there anyone from Intel on this list or someone who has dealt with this issue and has a potential fix?

The Intel Board is 10GBe PCI-X card in a HP DL385.

Can anyone offer some assistance with this issue?

Please CC as I am not on lkml or taroon mailing lists, thanks.

Justin.