Re: O2micro smartcard reader driver.

From: Ãric Piel
Date: Mon Feb 19 2007 - 06:04:29 EST

02/17/2007 04:55 AM, Markus Rechberger wrote/a Ãcrit:
Hi Eric,

I committed your code to linuxtv.org to review and modify it there.
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mrechberger/chipcardreader

one thing I noticed is the error handling in ozscr_probe.

I'll continue the rest during the next few days, I'd like to see it as
soon as possible in the upstream kernel before some kernel api changes
again which affects your current driver.

Hi Markus,

Thank you very much for finding new bugs ;-) Actually, right now I've just moved and don't have internet at home which is kind of slowing down development... Anyway, I'll check if I have some more fixes on my computer than on my website. Also, it would be good to double check some lines which I've commented XXX. In particular, IIRC there were some suspicious sleep saying it was sleeping a microsecond and sleeping one millisecond!

I'm also a bit concerned about the userspace "driver" for pscd which comes with the original driver once the patch will be part of the default kernel. Maybe this userspace part could become part of the pscdlite distribution.

Wrt the module having always a usecount value of 1, it was worrying me too at the begining until I noticed it decreased back to 0 once the card is "ejected" (pccardctl eject 1). Although a bit surprising, I don't think it's a bug, is it?

See you,
Eric