Re: 2.6.20-mm1 - Oops using Minix 3 file system

From: Daniel Aragonés
Date: Sat Feb 17 2007 - 13:50:09 EST

On 2/17/07, Cédric Augonnet <cedric.augonnet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well i actually do access to this partition, i can edit it and use it,
this on Linux. Sorry if this is not clear.

Here is the point, I think. I'm afraid that you don't really access
any *real* partition. If it were so, that partition would have an
identifying *device* name. You access something within an image for an
emulating program that you interpret as a partition but not the
kernel. So it cannot access the superblock of it in its buffer and
recover bh->b_size to go on properly. It recovers something else. And
this triggers the oops.

Regards,

Daniel