Re: [lm-sensors] Could the k8temp driver be interfering with ACPI?

From: Chuck Ebbert
Date: Sat Feb 17 2007 - 13:17:24 EST

Rudolf Marek wrote:
> Hello Chuck,
>
> I'm the author of K8temp. Please can you share with us your DSDT table?
> (cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > /tmp/dsdt.bin)

The system is Compaq Presario V2300 series notebook. I won't be able
to get the DSDT until tomorrow or Monday.

>> So, could ACPI and the k8temp driver be at odds?
>
> Yes because ACPI AML code has no synchronization with Linux drivers. Second
> reason is that ACPI AML code assign resource regions to itself but with cleared
> busy flag - so other drivers could bind and might possibly interfere with ACPI.

Well I had an idea after looking at k8temp -- why not make it default to
doing only reads from the sensor? You'd only get information from whatever
core/sensor combination that ACPI had last used, but it would be safe.