Re: [patch 05/11] syslets: core code

From: Cyrill V. Gorcunov
Date: Fri Feb 16 2007 - 15:23:38 EST

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 07:58:54PM +0300, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
| Absolutely.
| And if overall system design is good, there is no problem to change
| (well, for those who fail to read to the end and understand my english
| replace 'to change' with 'to create and commit') interface to the state
| where it will satisfy all (majority of) users.
|
| Situations when system is designed from interface down to system ends up
| with one thread per IO and huge limitations on how system is going to be
| used at all.
|
| --
| Evgeniy Polyakov

I'm sorry for meddling in conversation but I think Linus misunderstood
you. If I'm right you propose to "create and commit" _new_ interfaces
only? I mean _changing_ of interfaces exported to user space is
very painfull... for further support. Don't swear at me if I wrote
something stupid ;)

--

Cyrill