Re: kbuild question

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Fri Feb 16 2007 - 03:50:34 EST

> Now is there some way to not have to duplicate the 'config choices
> between if ONLY_HAVE_ONE and if !ONLY_HAVE_ONE
>
> To use your example I want to do:
>
> config ONLY_HAVE_ONE
> prompt "only have one?"
> boolean
>
> if ONLY_HAVE_ONE
> config VAL_FIRST
> bool "First value"
>
> config VAL_SECOND
> bool "Second value"
> endif
>
> if !ONLY_HAVE_ONE
> choice
> prompt "multiple values"
> default VAL_FIRST
>
> config VAL_FIRST
> bool "First value"
>
> config VAL_SECOND
> bool "Second value"
> endchoice
>
> endif
>
> I'd like not to have to repeat/duplicate VAL_FIRST, VAL_SECOND, etc..

A choice allow you to select multiple values if the type of all
choice entries are of type 'tristate' but this gets enabled
only when CONFIG_MODULES equal to 'y'.
So except if you really need the 'select multiple' when MODULES
are selected I see no easy way to achive what you want.

I did not try but carefull usage of 'depends on' could also help you
but it will get messy quite fast.

Maybe Roman can se a better way?

Sam