Re: [patch 07/21] Xen-paravirt: remove ctor for pgd cache

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Fri Feb 16 2007 - 03:39:52 EST

On 2/16/07, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Remove the ctor for the pgd cache. There's no point in having the
cache machinery do this via an indirect call when all pgd are freed in
the one place anyway.

The reason we have slab constructors and destructors is to _avoid_
reinitializing every time we allocate an object. AFAICT your changing
the code now to do _more_ work than before, so is there some other
reason why you want to do this than avoiding an indirect call?