Re: GPL vs non-GPL device drivers

From: v j
Date: Thu Feb 15 2007 - 02:10:31 EST

I am well aware of what Greg KHs position is, in fact he is the reason
I started the whole rant. This is only a plea to the "higher
authorities". Linus, please save Linux!

vj

On 2/14/07, Trent Waddington <trent.waddington@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/15/07, v j <vj.linux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If adding closed drivers to Linux is illegal, I am perfectly fine with
> that. Just say so. I am not at a dead-end yet, until you make that
> statement. Once you make that statement, then all bets are off. I am
> betting that most companies will not even consider Linux as an
> alternative in the embedded space if this were the case.

Greg KH has already made that statement.

http://www.kroah.com/log/linux/ols_2006_keynote.html

half way down, "Closed source Linux kernel modules are illegal". As
was said, welcome to 6 months ago.

Trent