Re: GPL vs non-GPL device drivers

From: v j
Date: Thu Feb 15 2007 - 00:38:58 EST

No its not. It wasn't common knowledge 3 years ago when we chose Linux
as an embedded platform. If it indeed is common knowledge that
loadable modules in Linux have to be open-source then it is very
probable that we wouldn't have chosen Linux as the platform of choice.
If this indeed is the case and is common knowledge, then I predict
that Linux will soon drop in popularity as the OS of choice in
embedded systems.