Re: [ANNOUNCE] DualFS: File System with Meta-data and Data Separation

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Wed Feb 14 2007 - 16:58:18 EST

On Feb 14 2007 16:10, sfaibish wrote:

>> 1. DualFS has only one copy of every meta-data block. This copy is
>> in the meta-data device,

Where does this differ from typical filesystems like xfs?
At least ext3 and xfs have an option to store the log/journal
on another device too.

>> The DualFS code, tools and performance papers are available at:
>>
>> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/dualfs>
>>
>> The code requires kernel patches to 2.4.19 (oldies but goodies) and
>> a separate fsck code. The latest kernel we used it for is 2.6.11
>> and we hope with you help to port it to the latest Linux kernel.

Where is the patch for 2.6.11? Sorry, 2.4.19 is just too old (even if
only considering the 2.4 branch).
[ And perhaps "goldies" flew better with "oldies" ;-) ]

Jan
--
ft: http://freshmeat.net/p/chaostables/