Re: [patch 16/21] Xen-paravirt: Add code into head.S to handle beingbooted by Xen

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Wed Feb 14 2007 - 15:42:15 EST

Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Well I did a little by hand parsing and the not I parsed looked ok.
>
> How does the output differ from a what you get when xen-head.S is
> included?

Ah!

The .notes section gets SHT_NOTE in vmlinux when xen-head.S is included;
PROGBITS when linked. I tried putting @note on the .section in
linux/elfnote.h, but that didn't seem to help (xen-note.o got a SHT_NOTE
entry, but it didn't make it into vmlinux). I couldn't see any way of
forcing the section type in vmlinux.lds; my experiments all ended with
ld dumping core.