Re: [patch 02/11] syslets: add syslet.h include file, user API/ABI definitions

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Feb 13 2007 - 17:35:35 EST

* Indan Zupancic <indan@xxxxxx> wrote:

> What I propose:
>
> atom1 returns 0, has SYSLET_STOP_ON_ZERO|SYSLET_SKIP_NEXT_ON_STOP set
> atom2
> atom3
>
> (You've already used my SYSLET_SKIP_NEXT_ON_STOP instead of
> SYSLET_SKIP_TO_NEXT_ON_STOP. ;-)

doh. Yes. I noticed and implemented this yesterday and it's in the
submitted syslet code - but i guess i was too tired to remember my own
code - so i added the wrong comments :-/ If you look at the sample
user-space code:

init_atom(req, &req->open_file, __NR_sys_open,
&req->filename_p, &O_RDONLY_var, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL,
&req->fd, SYSLET_STOP_ON_NEGATIVE, &req->read_file);

the 'STOP_ON_NEGATIVE' acts on that particular atom.

this indeed cleaned up things quite a bit and made the user-space syslet
code alot more straightforward. A return value can still be recovered
and examined (with a different condition and a different jump target)
arbitrary number of times via ret_ptr and via sys_umem_add().

Ingo