Re: Recent and not-so problems with tifm_sd driver - one more

From: Brad Campbell
Date: Sun Feb 11 2007 - 01:04:26 EST

Pierre Ossman wrote:
Alex Dubov wrote:
One more problem (you may already know about it) - I was contacted by somebody from the hald
project and indeed I can confirm that on 2.6.20 kernel hald fails to take action on card
insertion. I can't see anything in my code so this may be a general mmc problem.
The problem is described here:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2007-January/006960.html

Odd. This might be the whole sysfs restructuring thing causing problems. Can you
check if that user has CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED on?

I've tested both with and without CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED on, both fail the same way.
hald reports that the device has no parent and decides to ignore it.

I've also tested both combinations against hal from ubuntu 6.06LTS and a more recent version

brad@bklaptop2:~$ hald --version
HAL package version: 0.5.8.1

Again with and without CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED and all combinations fail.
Hal appears to go looking for /sys/block/mmcblk0/mmcblk0p1/range

When it can't find it, it then looks for the parent of that to check what would be /sys/block/mmcblk0/range, Complains it can't find a parent for /sys/block/mmcblk0/mmcblk0p1 and just proceeds to ignore the event.

Brad