[patch 0/3] 2.6.20 fix for PageUptodate memorder problem (try 3)

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 21:31:49 EST

OK, I have got rid of SetPageUptodate_nowarn, and removed the atomic op
from SetNewPageUptodate. Made PageUptodate_NoLock only issue the memory
barrier is the page was uptodate (hopefully the compiler can thread the
branch into the caller's branch).

SetNewPageUptodate does not do the S390 page_test_and_clear_dirty, so
I'd like to make sure that's OK.

Rearranged the patch series so we don't have the first patch introducing
a lot of WARN_ONs that are solved in the next two patches (rather, solve
those issues first).

Thanks,
Nick

--