Re: Strange message in log upon resuming a PCIe system

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 20:20:39 EST

Larry Finger wrote:
A bcm43xx user is having problems with suspend/resume with a PCIe system. This may be the first time
we have tried to resume with PCIe. The problem occurs someplace within the initialization of the
bcm43xx chip and we are still tracing it; however, there are some strange messages in the log from
the pnp, namely:

pnp: Device 00:04 does not support activation.
pnp: Device 00:05 does not support activation.

How does one trace back these device numbers? The output of 'lspci -v' shows the following:

Those aren't PCI devices, they're PnP devices, likely on the motherboard. If you look in sysfs (not booted into Linux right now so I can't tell you exactly where) you can get some idea of what those are. In any case I think those are messages are harmless and unrelated to any bcm43xx problems.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx