Re: [ipw3945-devel] [ANNOUNCE] d80211 based driver for Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 20:09:01 EST

Hi all!

On Fre, 09 Feb 2007, James Ketrenos wrote:
> We are pleased to announce the availability of a new driver for the
> Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection adapter. This new driver

I am impressed: I had 2.6.20 running with ipw3945 + wpa_supplicant. I
installed the d80211 system and the new driver, rebooted, and you won't
believe it, I had network connection even with WEP encryption.

That was a big surprise for me that it worked out of the box without any
magic.

If you are interested in any dmesg/log output, please let me know.

Ahhh ... one thing: The LED on my Acer Laptop (TM3012) does not show up,
maybe because I have CONFIG_D80211_LEDS off?

Again, thanks a lot for the good work!

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx> Università di Siena
Debian Developer <preining@xxxxxxxxxx> Debian TeX Group