[ANNOUNCE] d80211 based driver for Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

From: James Ketrenos
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 16:55:36 EST

Please hold all questions until I am done with this email. Thank you.

We are pleased to announce the availability of a new driver for the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection adapter. This new driver uses the new d80211 subsystem previously only available as part of the wireless-dev tree.

You can find the new driver, and additional information about it, here:

http://intellinuxwireless.org/iwlwifi.

Within the new driver package are sources which we plan to submit for kernel inclusion as well as scripts and patches which create a version of the driver which can be loaded into kernels based on 2.6.18 and newer (provided you have installed the d80211 subsystem as well) The README document can walk you through pretty quickly.

Since a lot of our users are not able to move to the latest versions of the Linux kernel, we have put together a d80211 package allowing the installation of the d80211 subsystem into an existing kernel image without the need to migrate to wireless-dev, or upgrade to a newer kernel at all (assuming you are using 2.6.18 or newer).

You can find that package at:

http://intellinuxwireless.org/d80211

Ok. Now... any questions?

Thanks,